Re: Another way other than @profile, @vocab or @map

Toby,

re the RDFS processing, I have several problems with this

- implementing RDFS is not complicated but is not easy either. If a
processor wants to implement the full RDFS entailment, then care should
be taken about the potential infinity brought in by axiomatic triples
and rdf:_i type triples, for example. I realize that your proposal does
not need a full RDFS entailment, but then we end up defining a specific
entailment regime for RDFa, and specing that properly is not that easy

- regardless of the difficulty of implementation, I myself regard RDFa,
from the SW point of view, as yet another standard serialization of RDF.
But, with an RDFS processing in the picture, that is not true any more.
This is a major step to take...

- One of the issues we have with the current RDFa is its relative
complexity for authors. This is the whole discussions we are having,
after all, and this was the main incentive for the creation of
microdata. I believe that, whatever we end up doing, the result of this
discussion should be a significant step toward authors and
simplification. An average HTML author will not understand and, frankly,
will not want to understand what RDFS processing is. Introducing RDFS
processing into the picture could backfire and alienate HTML authors in
my view

- Finally, I am not sure what it solves. One of the central issues we
have is whether there is a reference to an external file or not in
processing the RDFa content, and your proposal seems to rely on that...

Sorry, but we seem to disagree on this:-(

Cheers

Ivan

FOAF   : http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
vCard  : http://www.ivan-herman.net/HermanIvan.vcf