Re: A new approach to accomplishing RDFa Profiles

Manu,

I am not against doing this, but I am really lost with the many terms an
attribute names we use ourselves, and I am not sure what we are talking
about any more. (Sorry I could not be the meeting yesterday...). We are
having now a plethora of things around @token, @profile, @map, @vocab,
... and I am lost what is what!

I try to summarize what are the stuffs we have, to see if we could at
least agree on the terms to help our discussions...

1. we have a proposal to allow @xmlns to define not only prefixes by
directly keywords (I think that is what Mark is proposing). Ie, @xmlns
would be a generic mechanism to define, possibly, full URIs)

2. we have/had a discussion to provide an alternative to the @xmlns
syntax. The information is still local to the file, and the semantics is
the same as @xmlns (including the addition above)

3. we had a proposal to use a separate attribute to provide a 'default'
prefix for an xml subtree that could be used for keyword mapping. There
were discussions whether we should reuse @typeof or use a separate attribute

4. we have proposals to refer to an external document, that defines
keywords and, possibly, prefix mappings. There were discussions whether
that document should define prefixes in the first place and, if yes,
whether prefix definition should be separated from keyword definitions;
there were discussions whether the definition should use some RDF
vocabulary or whether we would introduce a new (albeit simple) syntax to
do so in the included documents.

So I am not sure when you refer to 'two basic techniques', which one you
refer to...

/me is lost:-(

Ivan

FOAF   : http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf