Re: Another way other than @profile, @vocab or @map

On 17/03/2010 11:24, Martin McEvoy wrote:
> Hello Ben,  Manu
>
> On 17/03/2010 02:15, Manu Sporny wrote:
>>> This is interesting, I like it. I just want to point out, though, that
>>> this doesn't solve the problem Google has, where they want to bundle a
>>> bunch of existing vocabs together without delving into RDF Schema.
>> Right,
>
> I like the url approach google vocabs are using at the moment in
> microdata see:
>
> http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2010/03/microdata-support-for-rich-snippets.html
>

> If you wanted to represent the microdata example found on that page in
> rdfa it would go something like....

> <h1>Review: <span property="itemreviewed">L'Amourita Pizza</span></h1>
>     Written by <span property="reviewer">Bob Smith</span>
>     Rated: <span property="rating">4.5</span> - Exellent

Ive been thinking a little more about the above example and am thinking
that the above is actually a lot better than microdata, because as Mark
mentioned in an earlier email that a microdata parser would have to
retrieve the url @typeof in order to get a list of defined property
names  then dereference that with the document.

RDFa on the other hand doesn't require any such behaviour, it never
has,  because all the information needed to parse RDFa is contained in a
single document (Feature),  it uses xmlns: but not for any dereferencing
voodo just to define a simple token. You can still use xmlns: in the
above example but now have a way of keeping it down to a minimal.

         xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<h1 property="dc:title">Review: <span property="itemreviewed">L'Amourita
Pizza</span></h1>

Just some thoughts.

best wishes

--