Re: Another way other than @profile, @vocab or @map

Hello Ben,  Manu

On 17/03/2010 02:15, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 03/16/2010 07:40 PM, Ben Adida wrote:
>
>> Toby wrote:
>>
>>> I like the general idea, but how about reusing typeof instead:
>>>
>> This is interesting, I like it. I just want to point out, though, that
>> this doesn't solve the problem Google has, where they want to bundle a
>> bunch of existing vocabs together without delving into RDF Schema.
>>
> Right,

I like the url approach google vocabs are using at the moment in
microdata see:

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2010/03/microdata-support-for-rich-snippets.html

If you wanted to represent the microdata example found on that page in
rdfa it would go something like....

<h1>Review: <span property="itemreviewed">L'Amourita Pizza</span></h1>
     Written by <span property="reviewer">Bob Smith</span>
     Rated: <span property="rating">4.5</span> - Exellent

> +1 to the idea and Martin for proposing it and Toby for modifying
> it to re-use a pre-existing RDFa term. Ben does have a point that this
> doesn't solve the Google vocabulary issue. This is effectively the
> "default prefix declaration mechanism" discussion... Toby had raised it
> earlier in the year:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2010Jan/0019.html

I like that approach as well, the @vocab approach was similar too, but
why mint a new attribute when for all intents and purposes re-using
@typeof ( or any suitable existing attribute ) can do the trick, A bit
'hacky' as Stephen said, but a good one.

> The discussion has also been raised several times before in the RDFa TF
> telecon. So, I don't think this is a replacement for RDFa Profiles, but
> could be another way for authors to markup content when all of the terms
> that they want to use come from one vocabulary (for example, FOAF,
> Dublin Core or VCard). The fact that you don't have to dereference
> anything, but get to use short keywords is definitely a positive aspect
> of the proposal.

Exactly, Thank you Manu.

Best wishes.

--