Re: Does RDFa processing recurse into content:encoded?

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 16:30 -0500, Stephane Corlosquet wrote:
> I gave a quick glance at the open issues [1] but I could not find any
> on this topic, or this handled as part of another issue?

As I see it there are two related questions:

1. Given a node that has no datatype attribute and non-textnode content,
such as:

Should RDFa 1.1 generate an XMLLiteral (like RDFa 1.0 does), or generate
a plain literal (like most people seem to prefer)?

2. When an XMLLiteral is generated, in RDFa 1.0 descendant elements are
skipped for parsing. In RDFa 1.1, should we require descendant elements
to be parsed, should we keep the RDFa 1.0 behaviour, or should we
provide a mechanism for page authors to decide?

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>