Re: ISSUE-36: Specifying a default vocabulary via an RDFa Profile

I am (obviously) supporting this too. DAISY is one application domain where this feature applies:
* we produce groups of documents that have tight information nature scopes; all of the groups having one logical default vocabulary
* for these documents, we want to take all prefix declarations out of the document instances themselves to reduce risk for error
* for these documents, RDFa profile documents are sometimes even normatively defined by a specification, effectively hardcoding which vocabs (inc the default) may be used in the instances (and consequently the prefixes that must be used for them)
* ergo, absence of the ability to define a default vocab in profile documents would negatively impact the approach described above (since all our document groups have a default vocabulary).

To us, profile documents (inc the ability to define default vocabs) is probably the most desired new feature in RDFa 1.1. I would expect that this ability to centralize declarations in profile documents will prove popular in other application contexts too, where simplicity and predictability (and possibly, vocabulary usage limitations) are deemed as important aspects. The ability to specify defaultness completes the picture.

hth, /markus