Re: ISSUE-36: Specifying a default vocabulary via an RDFa Profile

On Jul 23, 2010, at 10:01 , Ivan Herman wrote:

> I do not have a problem with it.
>
> Ivan
>
> On Jul 22, 2010, at 19:05 , Shane McCarron wrote:
>
>> Earlier today we sorted out a solution for Issue 24 - case insensitive TERMs.  Part of that solution is permitting host languages to define default TERMs and prefix mappings via a default RDFa Profile.
>>
>> The RDFa Core specification already also permits host languages to define a 'default vocabulary'.  In other words, a default value for @vocab to be used with CURIEs with no prefix are used (e.g., property='shanesFavoriteProperty').  For completeness, I think we should extend the definition of RDFa Profile to allow a declaration of a default vocabulary.  This would involve the following changes:
>>
>>  * Define the term 'rdfa:vocabulary' in our term collection, and
>>    rules for it in Section 9.
>>  * Swap steps 2 and 3 in the processing sequence so that @profile is
>>    evaluated before @vocab.

The usage, in line with other items, would be

[] rdfa:vocabulary "URIOFTHEVOCABULARY"

If the WG resolves this, I am happy to add the necessary few lines to the text and update the vocabulary file but it would be good to have a resolution before Thursday (I am off line on Friday, on my way to France...) to make the publication in time... (or Shane will have to edit the text)

Ivan