Re: Introductions

On Feb 16, 2010, at 11:02 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> If you are going to be participating in the WG (including previous
> members of the RDFa Task Force), please send an introductory e-mail to
> the list before the telecon with the following information:
>
> * A brief background on yourself.

I'm a prof in the Dept of Information Sciences & Technologies
at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) in upstate New York
I am a member of the W3C Mobile Web Best Practices WG
and I am RIT's rep to the W3C

I came to RIT to begin teaching in the Spring Term of 2000
with a focus on XML-related technologies and the Web in general
and I have since added a particular emphasis on mobile technologies

you can find my personal website at:

    http://ariadne.iz.net/~jeffs/

my main RIT website at:

    http://www.ist.rit.edu/~jxs/

and a blog covering some of the work my students & I have done at:

    http://chw.rit.edu/blog/

(I just got back from sabbatical, so forgive the age of the entries)

> * What you plan to use RDFa for at your organization

we want to teach people to use RDFa to bridge the gap
between the machine-understandable Web and the human-understandable Web

> * What you would be interested in working on in this WG.

- finding a way to merge RDFa into the next version of HTML/XHTML
- defining an RDFa API for scripting access w/in the browser
- developing teaching and workshop materials to popularize RDFa usage

jeffs

--
"Power corrupts
 PowerPoint corrupts absolutely"