Re: Language Tag Case Conflict (between RDF1.1 and BCP47)

On 26/01/14 21:24, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 26/01/14 14:23, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
>>> Thanks for the clarifications Ivan.

>> [[
>> RDF 1.1 Concepts and Abstract Syntax is already in the Proposed
>> Recommendation state of the W3C process, and at this point it is no
>> longer possible for the editors to make changes (besides trivial
>> typo/grammar issues).  Any design change will require going back to at
>> least the Last Call stage.
>>
>> The Working Group has considered the normalization of language tags
>> throughout its working phase and the design of semantic equivalence
>> (comparison equivalence) was the final outcome.  Normalization is one
>> way to achieve that, it is not the only way.
>>
>> Your comment will remain on the RDF comments list and any future
>> working
>> group may decide to revisit this area.
>> ]]
>>
>>  Andy
>>
>> (Yes - Jena stores lang tags as-is, based on feedback that some users
>> expect what gets parsed is also what's written out again.)
>
> If be inclined to include that last parenthetical,

It was not meant to be included (just the [[..]]) - more a disclosure as
it's mentioned in the original.

Jena will change to reflect RDF 1.1.  We/Jena have to manage the
transition anyway as persistent data is affected by RDF 1.1 (for simple
literals => xsd:strings).

 Andy