Re: ACTION-322: Draft announcement emails for other lists

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Guus Schreiber <guus.schreiber@vu.nl> wrote:

> See below (implementers info to be included).
>
> Comments very welcome. Target audience: semantic-web@w3.org and similar.
>
> Guus
>
> Subject: New RDF 1.1 publications & request for implementer feedback
>
> The W3C RDF Working Group, which was chartered to simplify and improve RDF
> without breaking existing deployments, published this week five RDF 1.1
> documents as Candidate Recommendations:
>
>   RDF 1.1 Concepts and Abstract Syntax: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-
> concepts/
>     Main change is the inclusion of RDF Datasets as a mechanism for
> multiple graphs.
>     The document also contains other updates based on community feedback

I think the change that folks just looking at these documents now are most
likely to notice is xsd:string being everywhere.

>   RDF 1.1 Semantics: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-mt/
>     Updated to reflect the new Concepts document and community feedback on
> the
>     previous RDF Semantics document. Co-edited by Pat Hayes and Peter
> Patel-Schneider
>
>   RDF 1.1 TriG: http://www.w3.org/TR/trig/
>     TriG is an extension of Turtle in order to handle multiple graphs
>     This version of TriG differs slightly from the original proposal
>     in order to maximize alignment with Turtle and SPARQL 1.1.
>
>   RDF 1.1 N-Triples: http://www.w3.org/TR/n-triples/
>   RDF 1.1 N-Quads: http://www.w3.org/TR/n-quads/
>     N-Triples and N-Quads are minimalist subsets of Turtle resp. TriG.

N-Quads is an extension of N-Triples but NOT a subset of Turtle nor TriG.

    Both are line-based syntaxes and are popular as exchange format.