Re: Keeping PrEfIx and BaSe Proposals

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net

On May 29, 2013, at 9:29 AM, Gavin Carothers <gavin@carothers.name> wrote:

> Turtle Proposals
>
> 1. Keywords should all have the same case rules. @prefix, @base and a should allow for upper-casing

+1

> 2. Directives should all have optional trailing periods.

+1, this has long been a source of errors in SPARQL, even among experts!

> 3. Turtle should include examples of both forms of PREFIX @prefix directives.

+1

That's what I'll do, but I could see this going either way in the future. Using @prefix/@base is better for backwards compatibility right now. If standard practice does go to the non '@' notation, I personally prefer all lower case.

> If there are no loud objections to these changes, will update the document accordingly.
>
> Example grammar change from gkellog:
>
> [4] prefixID ::= '@'? [Pp][Rr][Ee][Ff][Ii][Xx] PNAME_NS IRIREF "."?
> [5] base ::= '@'? [Bb][Aa][Ss][Ee] IRIREF "."?

I'm working on essentially these updates right now in my on processor.

Gregg