Re: bad language tags

On 07/05/13 09:09, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:

>> By that argument "@en-US" is a syntax error yet it is the canonical form.
>
> In the abstract syntax "@en-US" would be strongly wrong because of the @
> character.

I was using that to indicate a language tag, not that it is part of the
language tag.

> It does not need be a syntax error in Turtle, but it's an
> error in RDF/XML

You are saying that xml:lang="en-US" is an *error* in RDF/XML?

See sec 2.7, Example 8 of the RDF/XML spec and the links to the example8
files.

and it links to
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-lang-tag

> or JSON-LD.

All I can see is "Languages codes are defined in [BCP47]."  Link please.

> One could imagine a syntax where en-US is a
> syntax error.

A parser produces a graph.  The Turtle spec (sec 7) does not say
anything about changing the characters of LANGTAG.

Let's conduct a survey:

How many existing systems treat this

<http://example/s> <http://example/p> "xyz"@en .
<http://example/s> <http://example/p> "xyz"@EN .
as one triple or as two triples aside from whether they treat the graphs
as equivalent.

	Andy