Normative vs. non-normative in JSON-LD (Re: JSON-LD skipping CR?)

I was looking at the document:

http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld/

And I realized that almost the normative parts in the document are Appendix A, B, C, and E. Which is fine with me. However, Appendix C (Relationship to RDF) refers to RDF11-CONCEPTS non-normatively which I do not think is right. It also refers to RDF-SCHEMA which should, at some point, be changed to RDF11-SCHEMA as a normative reference. RDF11-CONCEPTS is also referenced from appendix E and again, it should be normative.

Bottom line: I believe JSON-LD should normatively refer to RDF11 CONCEPTS and the upcoming 1.1 version of RDF Schemas. That, however, does not make it possible to turn it into a PR before the other documents are at least in CR. We can, of course, skip CR for JSON-LD and leave it on hold as a LC, but that would not buy us any time. (Although it would make it easier to process because we would have one admin hurdle with a transition call less.)

Ivan

On Mar 29, 2013, at 04:45 , Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org> wrote:

> Have we talked about the possibility of skipping CR for JSON-LD?
>
> It has a lot of implementations and a test suite; if the implementations have passed the test suite by the end of LC, then CR isn't necessary.
>
> If this is a possibility, we should be sure to point this out in the SOTD -- making it both LC and a "Call for Implementations".   For example, see:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-sparql11-query-20120724/
>
> Just a thought.
>
>         -- Sandro

----