Re: tightenting up the Turtle grammar

On Mar 27, 2013, at 09:19 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 27/03/13 13:00, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>> I may be wrong. You could create some negative IRI evaluation tests to make the conversation more concrete. I'm not psyched to up the bar, but maybe others are. I understand that Jena warns about IRIs outside of NFC, which pushes users to produce IRIs which are more predictable, but does it 3987:validate IRIs?

I'm rather surprised to learn there's no W3C IRI validator...

> It tries to.
>
> There is an online IRI validator
>
> http://www.sparql.org/iri-validator.html

... which lacks any apparent documentation, or sanction beyond
sparql.org / you.

Having fed that a somewhat random string (using opt-alpha
characters from my Mac, which are well within the realm of
possible IRI strings) like the following, just to see what would
happen, I'd hesitate to recommend it to users.  The output I got
won't be useful to many, and indeed, it loses most of the chars
I started with.  (Input and output posted as graphics, because
it's the best way to ensure you see the same glyphs I do.) --
Troublesome.

Ted