A few comments on N-Triples and N-Quads docs

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:27:21 +0000
To: RDF-WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
None of these comments affect publishing as FPWD.

All comments refer to N-Triples - add "Ditto N-Quads."

	Andy

1/ Turtle/N-Triples:

There is a small difference between Turtle and N-Triples.  N-Triples
requires white space where Turtle does not between S/P and P/O

N-Triples:

[2] 	triple 	::= 	WS* subject WS+ predicate WS+ object WS* '.' WS*

For alignment, I suggest WS+ ==> WS*
especially as the before-dot is already WS*

(We've talked about canonical N-Triples with exactly one space; this is
about the grammar).

The text in the intro says this "*may* be separated by white space" (my
emphasis) already.

(typo - it says "seperated" in the doc.)

2/ (editorial) Section 2.4:

This section is taken from Turtle - for N-triples, the explanation of
relation to PN_CHARS_BASE is odd.

3/ (editorial) Section 2.3:

[[
Literals may not contain the characters ", ...
]]
confusing - the literal (the abstraction) can contain those characters.
And for ", the characters of the language contains " albeit written as \".

4/ Serializers

[[
Issue
N-Triple seralizers are not defined here, will likely include optional
behavior to conform to RDF Test Cases syntax as well.
]]
The specifics for the RDF Test Cases should go in the test cases
documentation because a serializer should only need conform with the
grammar.

Talking about canonical N-Triples could go here.

5/ (editorial) N-Quads / N-Triples

The languages are "N-Triples" and "N-Quads" (with "s").

"""
N-Triple documents
N-Triple parsers
"""