Re: mergeg in current Semantics ED

Ah. Yes, now I see your (and Antoine's) point. Antoine, sorry I was slow.

I think we need a new idea to handle this.

Observation: a bnode scope might extend over several graphs, but a graph cannot cross bnode scopes. So bnode scopes are a 'larger' syntactic unit than graphs. Given a bnode scope, the set of triples contained in it is an RDF graph, call it the /scope graph/. Every RDF graph is a subgraph of some scope graph.

A graph is /complete/ (/saturated/? /scoped/? /whole/? /coherent/? /molecular/?) when, if it contains a bnode, then it contains all triples in the scope graph which contain that bnode. That is, for each bnode b in the scope, it either does not contain b, or it contains every triple containing b.

Ground graphs and scope graphs are always complete. A union (= merge) of complete graphs is complete.  Any set of complete graphs entails its union. Antoine's example shows that this may not be true for incomplete graphs.

Comments, before I start editing?

Pat