Another option for rdf:HTML/XMLLiteral non-normative

Markus,

As I said, my preferred option is the one that the WG +1’d today:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2013Dec/0283.html

But in the interest of having alternatives for the transition meeting, here’s another option that I could live with.

On 17 Dec 2013, at 20:28, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de> wrote:
> I can’t live with the complete removal of the HTML and XMLLiteral IRIs from that section. Readers will go to the section on “datatype IRIs” and to the definition of “recognized datatype IRI” to look for the requirements regarding datatype support, and can expect to find all datatype IRIs assigned by the RDF specs mentioned there.
>
> I also think that omitting rationale for the non-normativity of the two datatypes would be a mistake, as it sends a wrong message.
>
> I’ve stated what I believe is the cleanest way to avoid these two problems, so will just repeat the link:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2013Dec/0260.html
>
> I suppose it could also be done by adding a couple of notes to all the affected subsections.

In the sections rdf:HTML and rdf:XMLLiteral, add:

[[
This datatype is defined as non-normative because it depends on [DOM4], a specification that has not yet reached W3C Recommendation status.
]]

In Section 5.4, REPLACE this:

[[
Recognized IRIs have fixed referents, which must satisfy these conditions:

If the IRI http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#XMLLiteral is recognized then it refers to the datatype rdf:XMLLiteral
If the IRI http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#HTML is recognized then it refers to the datatype rdf:HTML
[…]
]]

with this:

[[
Recognized IRIs have fixed referents, which must satisfy these conditions:

[…]

Furthermore, the following IRIs are allocated for non-normative datatypes:

The IRI http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#XMLLiteral refers to the datatype rdf:XMLLiteral
The IRI http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#HTML refers to the datatype rdf:HTML
]]

Best,