dataset metadata, was Re: Dataset Syntax - checking for consensus

On 09/26/2012 10:13 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

>> * Some designs for carrying for metadata
>
> Should not be a syntax issue.
> It's a layer on top of the basic syntax.
>
>> PROPOSED: In our dataset syntax, we'll say that metadata goes in the
>> default graph
>
> +0.1: "suggestion", "recommend"
> metadata is a nice
>

>> PROPOSED: In our dataset syntax, we'll say that the default graph goes
>> inside curly braces and the metadata goes outside curly braces
>
> -0.2
> Can't SPARQL.
>
>> PROPOSED: In our dataset syntax, we'll say that metadata goes inside a
>> set curly braces after a keyword "meta".
> -0.3
>
>> PROPOSED: In out dataset syntax, we'll have a keyword "meta" followed by
>> "default" or the name of a named graph, to indicate to readers where the
>> metadata is.
>
> -0.9
> Can't SPARQL.

It seems to me that in SPARQL the metadata is in the Service
Description; ie available via a different protocol.

Are SPARQL 1.1 end points required to allow you to query their SD by
providing their SD address (ie their endpoint address) as the URL in a
FROM or FROM NAMED expression?   If not, do you expect many to implement
that?