Re: Potential Formal Objection from DERI over JSON-LD

On 10/23/12 12:20, Dan Brickley wrote:
> Basically we're driving along a road somewhere. If we get too nerdy,
>  and tie "Linked Data" to some currently popular subset of RDF
> deployment, we've lost it in detail and drive off the left side of
> the road into the weeds.

An excellent post by Dan and something I wholeheartedly agree with. Big
+1. Dan's statements, coupled with Kingley's and Richard's are in the
ballpark of what we're going for with JSON-LD.

That said, a formal definition of "Linked Data" is something that the
JSON-LD CG is not interested in working on at all at this point in the
process. Neither should the RDF WG waste its time on this, as this
thread is going squarely into the weeds.

The thread started off being about aligning JSON-LD with RDF such that
the RDF WG feels that it can put its name on the work and the JSON-LD CG
(and all implementers of JSON-LD) feel that any changes made are an
acceptable technical compromise. Let's not lose sight of that - let's
keep this discussion focused on the technical issue.

We had a very productive discussion with the editor of the RDF Concepts
document this morning and formed consensus in the JSON-LD CG. I'll post
the minutes soon. Let's see if we can carry that consensus forward in
the RDF WG tomorrow.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: HTML5 and RDFa 1.1