Re: Request for FPWD via RDF WG of JSON-LD Syntax and API specs

On 5/25/12 4:48 PM, David Wood wrote:

> On May 25, 2012, at 11:50, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> On 5/24/12 10:47 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>>> 2) The Linked Data folks who see RDF as too complicated and desire
>>>   something simpler.
>>
>> Do you mean Web developers that see RDF/XML as too complex and don't
>> necessarily *sense* or buy into the notion of an RDF data model
>> distinct from a collection of expression syntaxes and data
>> representation formats?
>>
>> There's nothing complex about a triple or quad modulo the kind of
>> syntactic obfuscation demonstrated with aplomb by RDF/XML.
>
> To be fair, there are many who see the jump from a name-vale pair to a
> triple as being too complex.  The only way around that problem that I
> know of is to show them solved use cases.  *shrug*
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Juxtapose a triple in N-Triples and RDF/XML. 100% of the time folks will
get it. Then embellish with practical use cases.

The basic triple is so easy to understand because its a signing system
that aligns nicely with natural human intuition. Entities have names
(denotations) and are endowed with discernible characteristics,
projected via a perception medium. The wonderment of our *minds* takes
care of the REST :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen