Re: Publish RDF Concepts as revised WD? (was: Re: Agenda 16 May telecon)

On 18 May 2012, at 12:16, Steve Harris wrote:

>>> Sure, but what usecase do you have for being able to want to compare these - even though though lexically different - semantically?
>>
>> Test suites for HTML5+RDFa parsers.
>
> Surely there you'd "just" need a graph isomorphism test?

No, implementing an HTML5+RDFa parser that produces an isomorphic graph is often impossible, as Ivan explained in the text quoted above.

> You don't care if the input documents are semantically equivalent?

A test suite for HTML5+RDFa parsers would likely say that a conforming parser MUST generate an RDF graph that is isomorphic to the test case graph, except that literals MAY be replaced by other literals of equal value.

(In a perfect world, RDF Semantics would define something like LV-Entailment (literal value entailment) that captures this notion. So one could say that an HTML5+RDFa parser MUST generate a graph that is LV-equivalent to the test case graph.)

Best,
Richard