Re: Publish RDF Concepts as revised WD? (was: Re: Agenda 16 May telecon)

On 2012-05-15, at 21:26, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> I have to send regrets for tomorrow; travelling.
>
> On 15 May 2012, at 17:13, Guus Schreiber wrote:
>> the Turtle LC draft
>
> If I was present, my votes would be:
>
> ±0 to @prefix/PREFIX
> +1 to ISSUE-19
> -1 to barewords
> Abstain from proposal to publish as LC (did not have a chance to read it in detail recently)

I'm

-1 to @prefix/PREFIX if . becomes optional, ±0 otherwise
+1 to ISSUE-19 ([ predicate list … ])
-1 to barewords

>> and the RDF Concepts WD.
>
> Regarding ISSUE-63, HTML datatype: I think this is a Good Thing and will be popular. The most contentious point is the definition of the value space. It appears complex (DOM DocumentFragment nodes), but in reality it makes implementation of conforming parser *simpler* because it allows them to produce any of a number of equivalent results. The complexity only affects systems that decide to implement value-based comparison for HTML literals, something that is entirely optional. I expect few or no systems to do it.

I see limited utility in being able to do = comparisons on non-lexically identical HTML5 fragments. But I may well be missing some important usecases.

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO
Garlik, a part of Experian