Re: Closing ISSUE-13

Arnaud,

Thanks,

The question on the simplified version is whether the specification

[[[
>   • Let domfrag be a DOM DocumentFragment node [DOM-LEVEL-3-CORE]
> >    corresponding to the literal's lexical form
]]]

is indeed a clear definition, ie, whether there is only one way to do that. My instinct of course says yes, but, as Richard says, it is a bit of handwaving. If you are confident that this is, from an XML point view, absolutely clear, then of course this is much simpler and is a better alternative.

Thanks

Ivan

P.S. I guess the detailed approach is to take all the top level nodes of the lexical form, create DOM nodes for each of them in document order, and then create a fresh DocumentFragment and adding those DOM nodes as children...

---
Ivan Herman
Tel:+31 641044153
http://www.ivan-herman.net

(Written on mobile, sorry for brevity and misspellings...)