Re: rdf-spaces

Ivan Herman wrote:
> On May 9, 2012, at 17:02 , Sandro Hawke wrote:
>> Maybe we can say for now that folks SHOULD avoid having more than one
>> turtle script block in an HTML document, and that it SHOULD NOT have any
>> id attribute.  That would at least leave the door open for a future spec
>> in this area, not blocked by everyone having made up their own
>> incompatible semantics.
>>

> I am not good as a JavaScript programmer but.... if, for whatever reasons, I want to access the content of that <script> element from my JavaScript, the most natural approach would be to set the @id on that element and use the getElementById() DOM call. Ie, there is a very real use case for a Javascript developer to use that attribute...

Indeed, sometimes it's best to say nothing and let innovation /
(partially-)unexpected reuse happen.

Personally I've already used text turtle (and n3) in script blocks with
identifiers, in fact the @id's were needed in order to work with
multiple blocks.

It would be nice to avoid that horrible question of what the @id refers
to though, and just leave it at what the HTML spec says.

Also if going down this route, then itemid and the other (also global)
microdata properties would need considered.

Best,

Nathan