Re: Deprecate most "native" RDF serializations

Will,

On 4 May 2012, at 19:08, William Waites wrote:
> P.S. I think "actively evangelizing against" and "using any
> opportunity to tell people that ... they must not" risks being
> counterproductive, considered in a social context that is.

+1, it's not a message that W3C should communicate IMO.

That's not to say it can't be done outside of W3C though.

In the HTML/CSS/Java area in the early 2000s, the Web Standards Project [1] did a lot of pretty successful evangelizing “against” old-style “tag soup” HTML. Maybe that's a good model?

The Pedantic Web Group [2] has a role that kind of goes in this direction, although (putting on pedant's hat) we're more concerned with fixing broken stuff rather than discouraging use of old, backwards parts of the RDF stack. It's a lot of fun, actually.

Maybe Manu should start an “Upgrade Your Semantic Web!” group??? I'd happily contribute an epic (anonymous!) rant against RDF/XML.

Have a nice weekend!

Richard

[1] http://www.webstandards.org/
[2] http://pedantic-web.org/