Re: Deprecate most "native" RDF serializations

On 05/04/2012 11:03 AM, Gavin Carothers wrote:
>> What should rdf-in-svg use? Rdfa?
>
> RDFa or Turtle in script tag with type="text/turtle" (same as
> XHTML/HTML) would work.

Yep.

>> Ntriples --- am i the only one who regularly filters rdf ntriples
>> dumps by grepping ?
>
> Nope! (Note, in the future one will need to make sure your tools are
>  UTF-8 safe). With N-Triples defined as subset of Turtle
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/index.html#sec-triples
>
>I think we have "Turtle Lite".

Almost - add N-Quads support and deprecate all of the other "native" RDF
serializations and we're well on our way to not confusing people as much
as we do today.

>> N3 - we can't deprecate something we never recommended.
>
> No, but we can stop talking about it. For example the introduction to
> Turtle no longer mentions it in the first sentence ;)

I think we not only stop talking about it, but start actively
evangelizing against its use and using any opportunity to tell people
that mention any of the old "native" RDF serializations that they must
not be used anymore.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm Website for Developers Launched
http://digitalbazaar.com/2012/02/22/new-payswarm-alpha/