Re: Proposal for adding new datatypes from XSD 1.1 (ISSUE-66)

On May 2, 2012, at 2:06 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> I guess that I am confused here.
>
> Do you actually think that it is a bad idea that RDF and OWL use the same list of acceptable datatypes?

I think it is a bad idea for RDF to restrict itself so as to make this happen. I don't think it is a bad idea in itself to have the same list, though I do think it is relatively unimportant (at least for RDF) and think it is unlikely to happen by accident , but I don't think it is or should be RDF's responsibility to take any action to limit itself to OWL-approved datatypes. I am for more concerned about other RDF user communities.

Pat