Re: time and quads and semantics

From: David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>
Subject: Re: time and quads and semantics
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:31:18 -0600

> Hi Pat,

[...]

> Your positioning of both the need for and other solutions to
> time-sensitive relations is very useful, as was your reminder that RDF
> usage for time-variant data is fundamentally at odds with the current
> RDF Semantics.  These are not issues that we can, or should, sweep under
> the rug if only because that is one of the extreme positions that you
> identified.

I wouldn't say it this way.

RDF is atemporal, so using RDF in domains where truth varies over time
requires some accommodation.  There are a number of such accommodations,
including some of those that are used for the same purpose in databases.

Whether anything needs to be done on this at the moment is the question
that needs to be answered.  My vote would be a firm "NO".

[...]

> Regards,
> Dave

peter

PS:  There are also working group scope issues that arise here, I
think.