Re: [TURTLE] Turtle Inverse Properties

On 20/08/12 14:20, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> We have to teach RDF by encouraging folks to craft Turtle by hand, as
> a first step. Making triples visible is the key to this endeavor.
> Historically, as exemplified by RDF/XML, losing the triple in syntax
> ultimately loses the plot. IMHO., HTML with RDFa or Micordata embeded
> don't address this fundamental issue, neither does JSON-LD (which is
> for JS developers).
>
> The value of TimBL's point is best appreciated once there's
> acceptance of the notion that folks (profile: end-user and/or
> integrator / tech plumber) will ultimately start the Linked Data
> journey by crafting Turtle by hand.
>
> Unlike HTML, crafting Turtle by hand is both useful and extremely
> practical.

Kingsley,

I agree that the clarity of triples is the major win with Turtle.  We
have been recommending that to people who have got lost in RDF/XML ...
all too many of them!

 > Making triples visible is the key to this endeavor.

This an argument for not including reverse path syntax, right? Makes the
syntax close to the triples.  Inverse properties are in the data model.