Re: [All] Proposal: RDF Graph Identification

On 17/08/12 13:21, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 8/17/12 7:37 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>>
>> Like Steve, the name "space" does not work for me either because of,
>> for example, "data spaces".  We aren't naming from a clean sheet.
>>
>> "container" works for me in the figure.  Something with the idea of
>> containing (like 'slot' graph store).  "box"?
>
> What about any of the following:
>
> 1. RDF data spaces

The whole idea of aligning to "data spaces" does not work for me as I'd
expect it to be a collection of graphs with ontology mappings if taken
from the whole adapter-"pay-as-you-go" meta meme in current database
research.

(for anyone lost here :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dataspaces)

> 2. RDF data source names.

There is something worth considering in "source";

RDF source
RDF data source
Triple source
Graph source

> Backdrop:
>
> The terminology alignment between RDF + SPARQL and the broader realm of
> DBMS technology (esp. because of SPARQL) is ultimately a win-win. In the
> RDBMS realm (as you and Steve know) we have:

I agree about the desirability of alignment but getting too close has
it's own issues.