Re: [All] Proposal: RDF Graph Identification (mutability & identification)

On 08/17/2012 07:37 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> RDF could just not mention mutability.  On balance, some text in
> "concepts" to give an overview is useful; it does not need to be
> continued.  RDF specs define what is, not operations. Implementers
> seem to have got on just fine with RDF-2004, and that program language
> "sets" are (with care) mutable does not cause problems.

But we don't yet have interoperability in graph metadata/management.
That's what IMHO we're trying to achieve here - the use cases I've tried
to write up all seem to involve that. How can we reliably convey
provenance metadata when there's no clarity about when/if different
"graphs" will be changing?   Does metadata about one "graph" also apply
to another "graph" that has the same triples?  (The answer depends on
whether the metadata is really about a g-box or a g-snap -- I think
people can get clarity on it when they consider whether the metadata
would still hold if the "graph" changed.)