Re: [All] Proposal: RDF Graph Identification

On 8/17/12 7:37 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> Like Steve, the name "space" does not work for me either because of,
> for example, "data spaces".  We aren't naming from a clean sheet.
>
> "container" works for me in the figure.  Something with the idea of
> containing (like 'slot' graph store).  "box"?

What about any of the following:

1. RDF data spaces
2. RDF data source names.

Backdrop:

The terminology alignment between RDF + SPARQL and the broader realm of
DBMS technology (esp. because of SPARQL) is ultimately a win-win. In the
RDBMS realm (as you and Steve know) we have:

RDBMS - Relational Tables (while RDF stores are basically Relational
Property Graphs)
Tables -- Named Relations comprised of n-tuples
Data Source Names (DSNs) -- for ODBC,  JDBC etc. access scoped to
Tables/Views re. data access by reference pattern
Views -- for all intents an purposes this aligns well with
backward-chained inference
Triggers -- for all intents an purposes this aligns well with
forward-chained inference .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen