Re: On Graph is in Turtle (was Re: today's minutes available)

On 28/09/11 23:45, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was on a cellphone driving and it was too noisy for me to voice my
> opinion then but I meant to say that, regarding the Graphs in Turtle
> question, I find the @graph proposal more appealing than the {} one. I
> think it is more consistent with what we already have in Turtle.
>
> It might sound silly but on a practical level I also find it convenient to
> be able to add an @graph statement in my existing document without having
> to re-indent all the following lines the way I would with the {} proposal.
> I know that's not necessarily a high priority criteria but at the same
> time Turtle was invented to make it easy for humans to write and read rdf
> so I'd argue it's not totally off base either.

Indentation isn't required when using {} in TriG:

is a legal TriG document as is:

<g> {
}

so you do have the effect of a small amount of extra text around an
existing Turtle document to make it a TriG document.  Like Tuttle, you
can use white space as you want.

Eric brought up nesting - in fact SPARQL does not have nesting for data,
only in query patterns.  The language for SPARQL Update only allows:

INSERT DATA {
}