Re: Can JSON-LD cater for Talis' RDF/JSON design goals?

Andy,

On 30 Aug 2011, at 19:29, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Ian noted that the RDF/JSON format has indexing by subject (via the top JSON object).  JSON-LD of more than one subject uses nesting/framing or
> an array of JSON objects.  In an “RDF geek" profile, presumably there is only one way which has to be the array form. The array is marked "experimental" but it's necessary if JSON-LD is to represent any RDF graph AFAICT.
>
> Would (1) either of the different layouts (2) the need to loop sometimes meet your "simple JSON expression" criterion?

Possibly. Having a top-level object that is keyed by subject would be better than a simple array in this case. One would also have to prevent nesting of resources. The need to loop sometimes might be fine, I can't really say without having written some code that works with this structure.

Best,
Richard