Re: proposal to close ISSUE-77 (Re: [ALL} agenda telecon Oct 19)

On 2011-10-19, at 20:53, Dan Brickley wrote:

> On 19 Oct 2011, at 21:33, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us> wrote:

>>> It avoids merge problems as the bNodes should stop two rdf:_1's on the same resource.
>>
>> Huh? How does that work? I mean, how do bnodes stop this happening?
>
> I'm having a hard time seeing that, either.
>
> The bNode could still carry properties e.g. Inverse Functional Properties, sufficient to get it mixed up with another node standing for the same thing.

Doesn't that equally apply to lists and functional properties though? It's just a modelling error. In the presence of OWL reasoning with "bad" data or schema, all bets are off.

G1 {
  <x> :functional (1 2 3) .
}

G2 {
  <x> :functional (4 5 6) .
}

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK