Re: proposal to close ISSUE-77 (Re: [ALL} agenda telecon Oct 19)

On Oct 19, 2011, at 10:28 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:

>> which I took as also pushing RDF lists into the "not preferred
>> category".  That's seems to be letting the technology influence the
>> modelling too much.
>>
>> The fact that an ordering construct is an RDF list which "has issues"
>> isn't the fault of the modeller.
>
> Right...   What I was trying to get at here was the advice I often hear
> that modelers should not be using this kind of construct at all.

Who is giving that advice? And what reasons do they give? OWL uses the vocabulary, so I dont think we should be giving advice which suggests that OWL/RDF is broken or deprecated.

> Honestly, I'm very confused about this bit.  Perhaps it's best addressed
> by having a little bit in the tutorial showing how something can be
> modeled with lists or without lists, and explaining the tradeoffs.

Im not aware of how to model something that needs lists without using lists. Can you give more details?

Pat