Re: "Simple Lists" (was Re: ISSUE-77: Should we mark rdf:Seq as archaic (cf ISSUE-24))

On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 09:53 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:

> A lexical representation of a list could be as simple as a CSV encoded
> row, e.g. '1,2,3' or '"Alice Foo","Bob Bar","Carol Baz"'. It just has
> to be something that will be encoded in one literal, and can easily be
> parsed by a consumer. CSV handling libraries are very common.

Well, presumably we'd want to allow lists to include types of literals
and to include objects.   So the lexical representation would have to be
more like:

"1"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchemaint>,<http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i>,...

and there's probably no way to include bNodes (for better or for worse).
So, it's not great....

    - Sandro