Re: complete graphs

On 30/09/11 19:46, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 15:04 +0100, Andy Seaborne wrote:

>>> If I understand it correctly, I think it's a non-starter for me as well.
>>> This would prohibit non-HTTP URIs from being used to as the 4th element
>>> in a quad (i.e. as the identifier of a named graph)?
>>>
>>> Lee
>>
>> I understood Sandro's remark coming out of the discussion about
>> provenance on the web and so I took generalising to any URI scheme for
>> other situations as read.
>
> Right.   More formally, I'd say the fourth column is the identifier (IRI
> or BNode) of an Information Resource which MAY provide representations.
> If it does provide representations, it SHOULD provide an RDF
> representation (a g-text).   If you want to use a non-dereferenceable
> IRI scheme like uuid or tag, that's not good Linked Data but it's fine
> RDF.  Informally, the fourth column entry denotes a g-box, but I'm not
> convinced g-boxes should be formalized.

BNode?  Such a bNode is outside any graph so how does its semantics
work? (I'm not saying it does not work - but I don't see how it would.)

RDF-MT : sec 1.5
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#unlabel

If we allow bNodes, at least it forces the decision on bNode label scope
in a multigraph format to be "document", but that, IMHO, is the better
choice anyway.