Re: unicode escapes in prefix names

On 23/11/11 01:20, Gavin Carothers wrote:
>>> My suggestion is not expanding the range of characters that are, or are not, allowed in a prefix name but I'm open to adding %xx.
>> >
>> >  This would make a second example work, while the four others still don't.
>> >
>> >  As long as most IRIs can't be usefully abbreviated with prefixed names, it's a fundamental mistake to think of prefixed names as an all-purpose IRI abbreviation mechanism. It just isn't. It's a feature for abbreviating IRIs that have been designed with the feature in mind. (I may be refuting a point here that you didn't make but others did when asking for the same feature.)

> Prefixed names are a all-purpose IRI abbreviation mechanism in RDFa.
> Which thanks to FaceBook Open Graph has far more deployed data then
> SPARQL does.

Just on the FaceBook Open Graph point:

Of

     og:audio\u003Atitle

and

     <http://ogp.me/ns#audio:title>

I find the <> form quite adequate and even preferable -- it happens to
be that the NS is short so the URI is not too long.

Some people might quite like:

@prefix og-audio  <http://ogp.me/ns#audio:> .

     og-audio:title

because, often, you don't get a huge number of prefix declarations
(sometimes you do).

Unfortunately, you can't write:

<audio:title>