Re: URI aliases for RDF terms?

Does it have to be a URI? What about using "a" as in Turtle, or "type"? Makes it more obvious that it's an alias, not a URI.

I think using http://something.example/type and silently transforming it to http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type will be confusing for users. Especially if real-world systems use both in practice.

It could also be defined as an entity in HTML5, e.g.

<!ENTITY type "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type">

then it's just

<link itemprop="&type;" href="http://type.example.org" />

- Steve