Re: History: why are lang tags and datatypes disjoint.

On 5/19/2011 4:39 PM, David Wood wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Thank you for reminding us of the dangers of design by committee :)
>  Much appreciated.

I actually think this is quite a good example of the benefits. We had
input on this issue from many people, and the current design has some
real strengths because of it. While we made some mistakes (I think the
xs:string issue where there is consensus to fix is a reasonable
example), I believe we made fewer because of the W3C review processes,
which is the essence of design by committee.

I think poor examples of design by committee is when the initial design
is a committee effort, rather than the committee revising and reviewing
a pre-existing design

Jeremy