Re: ISSUE-18: How do we parse "18." in Turtle?

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 15:11 -0500, Pat Hayes wrote:

> +1  I feel Sandro's pain, but the advantages of fast greedy lexers has
> to outweigh visual aesthetics. And in any case, I kind of like the
> spaces, they help my mental lexer when reading.

To be clear, I'm fine with greedy lexers, I just want to require at
least one digit after the decimal point for it to be considered a
decimal point, instead of a statement-ending period.   I believe it's a
trivial change to the grammar and no other change to code.

Interesting that you like the spaces.  I, as a human, look for those
digits after the decimal point.   I have to backtrack (and try to
remember how sig figs work) when I see statements like "The item is 17.
cm long."  But I'm fine with "The item is 17.0 cm long."