Re: [JSON] I say again, what *is* JSON?

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:44:07 +0000
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
CC: Alex Hall <alexhall@revelytix.com>, Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, public-rdf-wg@w3.org
Pat Hayes wrote:
> No, our task is to write a specification document for RDF. "Best practices" do not cut it.

I agree, however would like to note that we are writing the
specification, so we can define it how we need to, so long as it remains
JSON compatible, which as per the media type registration, is just a
syntax, and /not/ an Internet Standard.

[
Network Working Group                                       D. Crockford
Request for Comments: 4627                                      JSON.org
Category: Informational                                        July 2006

  The application/json Media Type for JavaScript Object Notation (JSON)

Status of This Memo

    This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
    not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
    memo is unlimited.
]

So, perhaps we need to define what we need to be compatible with, and
what we can normatively reference.

ECMAScript-262 v5, ISO/IEC 16262, rfc4627?