Re: [JSON] I say again, what *is* JSON?

From: Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:32:06 -0400
To: <richard@cyganiak.de>
CC: <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Subject: Re: [JSON] I say again, what *is* JSON?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:24:28 -0500

> On 24 Mar 2011, at 17:15, Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider wrote:
>> To understand JSON this way is extraordinarily difficult
>> and expensive, requiring deep knowledge of the innards of EMCAScript.
>
> Members of the RDF working group complaining that JSON is too
>complicated. Oh the irony.
>
> Best,
> Richard

That's not irony.  Irony would be a member of the OWL working group
complaining that JSON is too complicated.

However, I'm not complaining that JSON is too complicated (and I am
hoping that JSON does indeed turn out to be relatively simple).  I am
complaining that requiring the understanding of essentially the entire
definition of a complex programming language to understand JSON is not
effective.

peter

PS: I've been known to verge on complaining that RDF is too compliated.