Re: [Graphs] Fwd: Comments on "SPARQL 1.1 Uniform HTTP Protocol for Managing RDF Graphs"

From: Gavin Carothers <gavin@topquadrant.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:46:34 -0700
To: nathan@webr3.org
Cc: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, RDF Working Group <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
[... snip ...]
> If we need g-snap, which I'm sure we do, then perhaps each g-text
> encodes/serializes a g-snap, and several g-texts may all encode/serialize
> equivalent g-snaps, but that requires g-snap equality to be determined.
>
> O, actually I quite like that, then all g-snap's are anonymous abstract sets
> of rdf triples, and it's the set of g-texts (g-box) that is associated with
> a name.
>
> Thoughts?

That's mostly what the diagram I drew shows. I couldn't figure out how
to draw/explain anything else. The name is attached to g-box. If you
do need to keep track of versions you can create g-boxes that each
only ever contain one g-snap. I that's sort of how the Talis API works
at the moment as well. (Someone from Tailis can speak better to that).

Cheers,
Gavin