Re: [ALL] Raised Issues

Le 11/03/2011 09:00, Ivan Herman a écrit :

> On Mar 11, 2011, at 07:34 , Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
>>
>>> ISSUE-4: Do we depecate N-Triples and use Turtle instead?
>>
>> Not necessary and I don't think it needs to be made an open issue.
>>

> Antoine,
>
> just for clarification: do you think that this is not even a point of discussion on the working group? It did come up in the past weeks and I am not 100% sure that this can just be forgotten...

It's just my opinion. The question of deprecating N-Triples is not in
the charter and is not essential at all. If N-Triple was marginally
used, deprecation could be considered but apparently, from Richard's
comments, N-Triples is used by various implementations. It's
straightforward and easy to implement. I don't see a reason to deprecate
something that is actively used and does not cause any harm, as far as I
can see.

> Accepting an issue to be 'open' does not mean that you agree with the question as asked...

Sure. For instance, I don't see yet a reason to normatively define graph
literals but I totally agree that the issue should be opened.

Regards,
AZ.

> Ivan
>

> ----
> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
> mobile: +31-641044153

Antoine Zimmermann
Researcher at:
Laboratoire d'InfoRmatique en Image et Systèmes d'information
Database Group
7 Avenue Jean Capelle
69621 Villeurbanne Cedex
France
Lecturer at:
Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon
20 Avenue Albert Einstein
69621 Villeurbanne Cedex
France
antoine.zimmermann@insa-lyon.fr