Re: [JSON] JSON Syntax Options - URI Properties

That is very helpful.

One comment/question, though. These are not mutually exclusive possibilities, are they? Again inspired by the RDFa experience, there is a hierarchy there for, say, the value of an @about attribute. This is:

- If the value can be mapped to a URI as a term (via some term resolution statement around, whether in the file or through some environment setting like profiles), then take that URI
- If not, but the value can be mapped as a CURIE (with the same prerequisites), than resolve the CURIE and take that URI
- Otherwise, the value is considered to be a URI and is parsed as such.

The 'environment' that I was referring to (eg, your #vocab, or other '#' keys somewhere up the tree, and external and possibly default profile, stuff like that) would act as the goggle that you were referring to. Meaning that a

{
"name" : "Nathan"
}

could be handled as as a simple json file by a no-I-do-not-use-RDF user as obj.name (and trust that I know what "name" is); but the same file can then be used as an RDF data with a suitable API if wished.

I am not saying this is necessarily the way we have to go, because it is obviously a bit complicated to cross all the t-s in the process, but just want to clarify the alternatives...

Ivan

On Mar 11, 2011, at 23:29 , Nathan wrote:

> Evening,
>
> As promised earlier, I've put together a wiki page with a set of options we can consider for the JSON serialization, at the moment this only covers URI properties and URI shortening, however I hope to (or hope we can) pad this out with all the different base options we have to choose from for a JSON syntax:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/JSON_Syntax_Options
>
> Best,
>
> Nathan

----