Re: [JSON] The case for a triple-based approach

From: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:47:30 +0100
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Richard,

Great summary, including the "unsure where to go from here" bit.

I am very much on the "higher-vision-camp" side, with my limited world
view I currently don't see much added value of a simple triple objects
array, but could be convinced of the other way (would these triple
objects be microsyntax-based for complex types, or language
attributes?). Isn't this just N-Tripes in a JSON envelope?

Two formats would be confusing.
+1

It (JSON triples-objects) wouldn't be a game changer.
+1

Whom do we want to do a favor? Publishers? Consumers? What would be
the added value over vanilla JSON for both, the consumer and the
publisher side?

I think the F2F is gonna be interesting...

Thanks,
Tom

--
Thomas Steiner, Research Scientist, Google Inc.