Re: [JSON] Survey for design requirements

On 03/09/11 02:24, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> Extend existing JSON API with ability to store arbitrary RDF data
>
> ACME Corp is operating a website with a JSON API. They want to give
> users the ability to store arbitrary additional data alongside
> certain objects managed via the API. For example, when a user account
> is created via the API, the client app should be able to also submit
> a digital signature or “My upcoming trips” data. The client app would
> be able to use that data on subsequent requests. To avoid accidental
> clashes between fields used by different client apps, ACME Corp wants
> to use RDF as the data model. Nevertheless, they want to keep the
> impact on the existing JSON API and existing clients to a minimum.
>

> Does this capture the intent? Any major aspects to the server-side
> story that this is missing?

Thanks Richard. Yes, it captures the intent of /a/ use case. I don't
know if they're the same use case or not. I've split that use case into
two separate use cases.

http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-JSON#Migrating_to_Semantic_Web_Services

http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-JSON#Generalized_storage_of_Semantic_Data_in_Web_Services

Rather than attempting to explain the differences between the two, is it
clear what the differences between the two are by reading the wiki text?

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Payment Standards and Competition
http://digitalbazaar.com/2011/02/28/payment-standards/