Re: Other issues?

Mischa,

On 9 Mar 2011, at 18:37, Mischa Tuffield <mischa.tuffield@garlik.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> A couple of questions for the group:
>
> 1) I wonder if there is a place already on the wiki for capturing "other issues", the miscellaneous ones basically? For example, the URIRef vs IRI issue.

David already referred to the wiki page. Additionally, new issues can be raised by people in the group, and then the group may or may not accept them.

That being said, isn't this issue already recorded?

> 2) And whether or not the RDFa spec[1] is in or out of scope of this working group, as it is not listed in the charter as one of the documents which the group will be looking to update[1]? The reason I mention this is again, if we end up in a world where both SPARQL and RDF (lets say the Turtle serialisation) are using IRIs, developers would have to use a different URI encoding library for SPARQL & Turtle, from the one they would be using if there were to be serialising to RDFa.

RDFa is certainly not in the scope of this group, there is a separate group for that one. That being said, afaik RDFa already uses IRIs, just like SPARQL. I explicitly copy this mail to Manu, who is the chair of that group.

Note, however, that RDFa is a bit special in the sence that it "lives" in another environment, namely HTML, which it cannot fully control...

Cheers,

Ivan